Hack university database
Web server vulnerabilities
A web server is a program that stores files (usually web pages) and makes them accessible via the network or the internet. A web server requires both hardware and software. Attackers usually target the exploits in the software to gain authorized entry to the server. Let’s look at some of the common vulnerabilities that attackers take advantage of hack university database
- Default settings– These settings such as default user id and passwords can be easily guessed by the attackers. Default settings might also allow performing certain tasks such as running commands on the server which can be exploited.
- Misconfiguration of operating systems and networks – certain configuration such as allowing users to execute commands on the server can be dangerous if the user does not have a good password.
- Bugs in the operating system and web servers– discovered bugs in the operating system or web server software can also be exploited to gain unauthorized access to the system.
In additional to the above-mentioned web server vulnerabilities, the following can also led to unauthorized access
- Lack of security policy and procedures– lack of a security policy and procedures such as updating antivirus software, patching the operating system and web server software can create security loop holes for attackers.
Hacking Activity: Hack a Web Server Database
In this practical scenario, we are going to look at the anatomy of a web server attack. We will assume we are targeting www.university.com We are not actually going to hack into it as this is illegal. We will only use the domain for educational purposes.
What we will need
- A target www.university.com
- Bing search engine
- SQL Injection Tools
- PHP Shell, we will use dk shell
We will need to get the IP address of our target and find other websites that share the same IP address
In some cases, hiring a hacker from a hacker for hire company is the effective way to get the task done in a due time as they will deliver the job without been caught or any traces from the administrator